Skip to main content

Nanotechnology in the food industry






The topic that I choose today to write in my blog is because is very practical and important inform us about the packaging and the technology that composes them. In the world tons of food end up in the trash, because maintaining the optimal properties of food is sometimes more complicated than we think. Therefore, the nanotechnology is called to reign in the packaging industry.


This is very important because this technology provides active and intelligent packaging that helps us
to conserve food for a longer time, it makes them safer and helps them to preserve their qualities.

The Nanotechnology is one of the most promising and fastest growing technologies in our society and therefore in the food industry, since it allows the development of a new generation of intelligent and innovative products and processes.



I didn't know before that it was an active packing or an intelligent label. This year I did a job on these packing for a subject of the University, therefore I researched a lot about the subject and I learned that they bring many advantages to people, since it has been possible to develop a nanotechnology that allows to double the useful life of some foods, reducing the loss of food. It has helped also to conserve the properties, since the preservatives are added to the container and not to the product. The only disadvantage that I could mention is that active and intelligent packaging aren't made of biodegradable compounds yet, but it is being researched so that in the future we will have more natural and safe foods.

Comments

  1. The nanotechnology in the packing is very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that in the future we can have intelligent and biodegradable packaging :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know each other

Hello, my name is Francisca Javiera Adriana,  I am twenty years old and I  live in Santiago of Chile with my parents and Charlie "my brother dog".  I studied for thirteen years in the Boston college school and since two years ago I studying Food engineering in the university of Chile. I love to know about diferents kind of aliments, their properties and benefits for  to apply them in daily life, but I have a lot hobbies too. I like go to the cinema with my boyfriend, dance and drink with my friends the weekend, go to hill to walk and take photos, swim in the lake, sing in the rain and see stars in the south of Chile. There are very things i will like do and that i have been unable to do, for example know the world and finish my studies.

Why did you choose this career?

When I was 8 years my dream job was   to be a singer, but when I turned 13 years I realized that my dream wasn't very realistic and that maybe nerver woud be. During my stay in the secundary school I thought in the posibilities that I had. By then I wanted to study forensic medicine, commercial engineering or nutrition. The days before taking the PSU I decided what to study... My choice was to study "food engineering" a  little know  career , but that met many of my interests. Now I am in my second year studing to become a food engineer, I am vey excited, i love knowing things about food industry, but regrettably I dont have specific classes of my career yet. I hope to work in the administration area, because i would like to be manager in the food industry.

Beautiful minds ...

Curious minds that go against the thinking of ordinary people, wanting to find answers to multiple questions throughout their lives... Sthephen William Hawking Born January 8, 1942 in the city of Oxford in the United Kingdom. he studied throughout his life to become a theoretical physicist, astrophysicist, cosmologist and British scientific popularizer, who was director of research at the Center for Theoretical Cosmology at the University of Cambridge. Sthephen died on March 14 this year. My admiration for this scientist goes beyond his achievements in science, because his youth was marked by a degenerative disease, which took away the voice and mobility of his muscles. Sthephen had the ability and strength to cope, he didn't abandon his passion for science, published important works on spacetime or general relativity, he knew love twice and his characteristic sense of humor, left funny and admirable phrases like: "We are just an advanced race of monkeys on a